Volunteer at the 2016 Rogers!
This year’s parade is Sunday, December 4th, 2016!
If you are a community group or a person who loves the thrill and excitement of a great public event, and thrives in a large team environment, the Rogers Santa Claus Parade is for you! Over 300,000 spectators will be entertained by more than 50 festive floats, marching bands, dance troupes, and community groups while being supported by over 300 volunteers. Once again we’ll be collecting food and cash donations to support the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
- Route Marshal: Route Marshals are primarily focused on the safety of both parade participants, and parade spectators. You will be on your feet, walking up and down a block of the parade route, ensuring that spectators stay off the parade street route.
- Pacers: Pacers walk with their assigned parade entry the length of the parade route ensuring they keep up with the rest of the parade procession. This is an important role as it sets the pace for the Parade!
- Intersection Control: Intersection Control volunteers are tasked with guarding an intersection along the parade route and ensuring the spectators stay behind the crosswalk and not crowd the street. You will working alongside the VPD and Traffic Authority to ensure that everything runs smoothly! You should have a strong, assertive voice for this role!
- Residential Traffic Control: Similar to Intersection Control Volunteers, Residential Traffic Control directs traffic from residential buildings in marshalling. You should have a strong, assertive voice for this role as well.
- Banner Carrier: You have to be comfortable walking in front of a large crowd and smile for all the cameras!
- Giveaways: Giveaway volunteers walk the parade route with a few of our key sponsor entries and help them give away promotional products to parade spectators.
- VIP Hosts: VIP Host Volunteers monitor and host VIP sections.
- Green Crew: Help keep our beautiful city clean throughout the event and post event! We will provide all the supplies!
- Set-Up and Tear Down Crew: Help us get ready before the parade starts and/or take everything down after the parade! A little heavy lifting involved.
*If you are a community group or organization that would like to volunteer together, please email Tiffany Lau at Volunteers@pacegroup.com*
There will be an orientation on Monday, November 21 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.